Writer, producer, designer, dreamer & jack of all trades
Hi! I'm a rising senior at Miami University. I have majors in Professional Writing (journalism focus) and Political Science and a minor in Interactive Media Studies (graphic design focus). I have an ardent affinity for all things writing, production and culture, and am adept at creating content in any platform—digital, print, broadcasting and beyond.
Currently, I'm an editorial production intern for Samada, where I assist in the launch of its website, founded by Kevin Ryan (founder of Business Insider). At Samada, I get to collaborate directly with Jeannie Kim, chief content strategist and former executive editor at Health and Redbook. Last summer, I was an editorial intern for Cincy Magazine, and now I do paid freelance work for the publication, among others.
Additionally, I work as a marketing and communications intern for Miami University's office of marketing and communications. I'm the copy editor and incoming editor-in-chief for Miami's student-run fashion and lifestyle magazine, UP, and am a contributing writer for my school's newspaper, The Miami Student. I also served as junior editor for an international weekly newsletter called Meindes Blaat during my semester abroad in Europe.
- Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- WordPress Content Management System (CMS)
- Basic website production and design (HTML5, CSS, SEO)
- Writing, editing, marketing, research, proofreading, AP Style, Chicago Manual of Style
- Social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn)
- Audacity (podcast software)
I am currently searching for an internship for the summer of 2018. Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.